9 replies to this topic

wildthought

wildthought

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
I figure it's okay to drop this here, since Dave has publicly backed our project. So just in case you missed it …

I'm a researcher working for a Toronto-based company called InteraXon that builds EEG-based products for the consumer market. We're a bunch of artists, engineers, scientists, and QS enthusiasts who want to build user-friendly EEG monitors for every day use and data tracking.

We're working on our first piece of EEG hardware right now, a 4 sensor headband we're calling Muse. We've just rolled out a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to raise funds for the headband's production costs. Here's a pic of our prototype.

Posted Image

There are a few offerings for devs in the campaign's perks that might especially interest some folks on this forum, including early access to our prototypes and SDK w/ hardware API, as well as analytics that interface with Max/MSP. The SDK will allow access to raw brainwave data, as well as pre-processed and processed data.

At the end-user level, we're going to bundle it with an EEG-enabled brain training application, designed to help people develop mindfulness and stress-reduction practices and track their EEG data over time.

A few other technical details. The headband produces bipolar readings using AFz as the reference from AF3, AF4, TP9, TP10. The 4 electrode array enables estimation of hemispheric asymmetries (with an emphasis on the pre-frontal lobe). EEG signals are oversampled, bandpass filtered and resampled yielding to achieve a selectable output sampling rate from 100 Hz to 600Hz, with 2uV RMS noise. Active noise suppression is achieved with a DRL - REF feedback configuration using centrally positioned frontal electrodes. Input range of AC coupled signal (low cutoff at 1Hz) is 2mV p-p.
An on-board 3 -axis accelerometer enables motion input for games and quantifying head movements.

Here is a link to the Indiegogo campaign, if you're interested in checking it out. If you want to get updates on the project, you can also sign up for our mailing list, like us on Le Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Jayar
InteraXon Research Team

Cred check: I met Dave at Burning Man 2011. I brought the Bulletproof Coffee meme back to Toronto and have been evangelizing the hell out of it to anyone who'll listen ever since. :smile:

Shc

Shc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
thank you! will definitely look into it. when will you be selling it?

EDIT: I definitely want to purchase it now.
Is the Standard Pledge for 165$ over?

Only found out about the product now :(

Jason H.

Jason H.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
I want one! Do you have a kickstarter? How can I help?

Fistofbacon

Fistofbacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Just checked back on this project today after i'd first seen it was on indiegogo a few months ago. I'm really glad this was funded! Looks very simple, yet useful. I anticipate purchasing one of these devices when it's available. The more affordable easy to use biofeedback devices there are the better!

paintedblue

paintedblue

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
very interested to see when these will be available. please keep us posted.

omnialx

omnialx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I pre-ordered one of these and I will let you guys know what its like when it arrives in June. 

JReinhal

JReinhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

I pre-ordered one of these and I will let you guys know what its like when it arrives in June. 

Can you link the preorder page? Thanks!

jlgore

jlgore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
You can order them from here: https://www.shoplock...rder-your-muse.

omnialx

omnialx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Can you link the preorder page? Thanks!

It was an IndieGoGo campaign so the preorder time for the first batch is over. The link that @jlgore will let you preorder the next batch though I think: https://www.shoplock...order-your-muse

JReinhal

JReinhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Thank you both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users