4 replies to this topic

Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
I'm interested in:

- Physiological sources of anxiety, and how/where they intersect with psychology
- Chronically high Cortisol:DHEA ratio causing "joint popping"
- Knees, Ankles, Elbows, Shoulders, etc
- Abdominal fat... Decreased by taking DHEA (and/or Phosph---Serine)?
- Dangers of taking DHEA and Pregnenolone together?
- Suggested daily dose and regimen?
- Can "Pregnenolone Steal" be solved by taking these?

Any relevant experiences or insights?

Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Warning... Dry Eyes, Then liver / back pain from too much DHEA &/or Preg

For the past two weeks, three doses per day totaling between 200mg and 800mg of both DHEA and Pregnenolone had led to a sustained optimism, and a very positive, good mood.
-- Especially, after taking 300mg of each near bedtime, the next day I feel "kinda invincible" and very optimistic.

What changed: Three days ago, my eyes became "dry". It was irritating, but not painful. Rinsing them with mineral water brought relief.
I suspected it's due to the DHEA & Preg, but didn't know why.
-- Something to do with mucins / mucous production.
-- Turns out DHEA-S and Preg.-S probably consumed the available sulphate in my diet.

I'd eased off the dose for the last two days, because of dry eyes; but then yesterday, without knowing this, I took a larger dose of these and by bedtime, my lower back was in pain. It was difficult to sleep.

Live and learn. Lower doses, and sulfation supplements recommended.
-- Epsom salt, Methionine, Cysteine, NAC, etc.

For reference, 5-HTP, Dopa Mucuna, and tyrosine, always produce irritability for me. So, I avoid them.

tchazzard

tchazzard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Hormones should always be sequenced and titrated so you can find the proper dosage and also determine if one particular hormone is screwing you up. Same method can and probably should be used with any supplements, especially if you are overly sensitive to change.

Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
I never had a detriment from DHEA. Once I began Pregnenolone, this dry-eyes effect developed over a week or so.

Now, I can skip a day (DHEA and Preg free), then supplement only 100mg Preg, and 4 hours later I my eyes are irritated, becoming dry.

NAC & MSM seem to hasten relief. I'll experiment with lower doses in pursuit of zero-detriment with still a noticeable benefit... If there is no such dose, I'll just stop Preg altogether.

Pacman

Pacman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorway

I never had a detriment from DHEA. Once I began Pregnenolone, this dry-eyes effect developed over a week or so.

Now, I can skip a day (DHEA and Preg free), then supplement only 100mg Preg, and 4 hours later I my eyes are irritated, becoming dry.

NAC & MSM seem to hasten relief. I'll experiment with lower doses in pursuit of zero-detriment with still a noticeable benefit... If there is no such dose, I'll just stop Preg altogether.

I have massive joint popping, shoulders, knees, ankles and back.. Did it help you with DHEA? What is the reason for stacking DHEA with Preg ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users