35 replies to this topic

JHunterW

JHunterW

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationStarkville, Mississippi
I am not a big fan of coffee, and was wondering if any of you knew of any mycotoxin free tea sources, and how to make it bulletproof like coffee? I would love to hear recommendations for a bulletproof tea. :)

Naomi Most

Naomi Most

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
Just theoretically based on the constraints of what makes coffee "bulletproof" in Dave's eyes, I'd speculate that what you would want from tea would be strictly a green tea picked from high altitude locations (which wouldn't be hard to find, since that's what tea plants usually like).

Matcha -- that dried green tea powder that is whisked into a froth for the Japanese tea ceremony, as well as unceremoniously steamed into lattes with too much sugar at certain cafes -- might actually be a good choice, since it undergoes processing that doesn't expose it to long periods of time spent damp.

MannyAloeVera

MannyAloeVera

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is white tea ok? I am looking for an option without much caffeine, but I assume decaf has mycotoxins just like decaf coffee.

Natlex

Natlex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Is white tea ok?  I am looking for an option without much caffeine, but I assume decaf has mycotoxins just like decaf coffee.

In his latest podcast Dave says that decaf green tea is not like decaf coffee, it's a lot safer. So I think decaf green tea is fine (or at least far from as bad as decaf coffee)

Frank

Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
I was wondering about that also, especially whether "normal" black and green tea is at risk of being infested with mycotoxins through the fermentation process.

Kim Gundry Christman

Kim Gundry Christman

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Made some this morning ... awesomeness.

Kim's version of BP Green Macha Tea:

16 oz. hot water
2 tsp. green macha tea
4 tbsp. grass fed butter (would have used more, but was running low)
3 tbsp. MCT oil

Blended and tasted so good. My intention was to bring some to work for co-workers to try, and I wound up drinking all of it. Feeling great!

Kristian

Kristian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEurope
I switched to tea (Lipton Yellow Label for now) from my coffees lately. As I had chest pain or dull heart pain (on the left side of the chest) since I started the BP and lower carbohydrate diet (For 4 weeks now).
I was drinking coffe with butter first, then also with a custom MCT oil.

So I was wondering why do I have the chest pain... the extra fat or coffee.

I switched the coffee for the tea and the pain radically lessened the first day and comppletely stopped from the second (now is the 3rd day with tea instead of coffe.)
Also the type of coffee might have caused that. Tried few brands. The BIO one from Ecuador I had was great at first, but after 3 months I started to feel t

I've read it might be an electrolyte or acidity issue the coffee might be causing.

So soon I plan to get some himalayan salt for the mornings or some correct minerals and test the coffee again.

Btw, I like the Matcha idea. If coffee wont work for me (I love butter with cofffe much more than tea), I might switch to matcha.

Kim Gundry Christman

Kim Gundry Christman

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Btw, I like the Matcha idea. If coffee wont work for me (I love butter with cofffe much more than tea), I might switch to matcha.

Yeah, the Matcha is so good. I think it makes a creamier beverage than brewed tea would (but I've just started experimenting and since I'm digging the macha, I'm not going to try anything else for a little while).

AMurad

AMurad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Kristian try the coffee from Papua New Guinea it's alkalizing and detoxing according to Dr. Wolf. I've had it tested on me energetically and it actually made me stronger with it. I have not tried the bullet proof coffee yet since I've had such success with this one, but I'm curious to try it.

BrianHKerr

BrianHKerr

Quantified Biohacker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
I personally do Yerba Mate, its very caffeinated though... with MCT. However, a good decaf option would be Chamomile tea because it has aromatase inhibitor effects which should boost your T levels and get you to burn more fat, be healthier, and have more strength after consistently drinking it for awhile.

I have done yerba with butter, etc and it tastes interesting, but good... I have not tried it with Chamomile, because I usually drink that before bed.

Kristian

Kristian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEurope
Great, thank you, will look for some Papua New Guinea in my area, and will definitelly try the Chamomile tea for a longer time period also after studying more about it.
Chamomile is my MOST favourite herb tea so you made me happy about that part. :-)
Though I am curious how it will taste with MCT and butter...

dpwdan

dpwdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
I'll have Roobios tea in the evening with heavy cream in it that makes it taste kind of like chai. Can't imagine there'd be anything bad in there. And of course you could mix it up with butter, oil, etc.

Also, I'd be interested to hear what Dave thinks of Puerh tea. I love it (along with high-mountain oolongs and most greens from China)...of course, I live in Seattle, and am spoiled with access to some amazing small-grower teas imported from across the Pacific. It has long been a staple of Chinese Medicine. Wonder if it registers up on the mycotoxins though because of the fermenting/aging process.

dre

dre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
I also like rooibos. I usually brew it with some chopped up ginger and some other fresh herbs like gotu kola and pineapple sage.

NamasteRunner

NamasteRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNYC

16 oz. hot water
2 tsp. green macha tea
3 tbsp. MCT oil

Blended and tasted so good. My intention was to bring some to work for co-workers to try, and I wound up drinking all of it. Feeling great!

---

Thanks for the macha idea!  The coffee was way too strong for me and I could barely drink it, but the tea is so yummy, I have to be careful not to drink it too fast :smile:  I've never had macha before, but even if you don't like the taste of green tea, if you use coconut oil (or coconut butter in my case) it just tastes like coconut with a little hint of green tea.  It seems thicker and heartier than the coffee somehow too.

Eat with George

Eat with George

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

pu erh tea with a lot of coconut oil rocks :)

Hello! My name is George, I am from Austria and I am a Bulletproof enthusiast just like you :)

I freshly launched my new blog and I appreciate every new Like and Follower Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: eatwithgeorge  :-P

www.eatwithgeorge.com

NamasteRunner

NamasteRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNYC

pu erh tea with a lot of coconut oil rocks :)

-----

Thanks - though I think there was another post on this forum with someone posting that puerh tea is not bulletproof because of the fermentation and the opportunity for mold?  What are y'all's thoughts on that?

Eat with George

Eat with George

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

I felt great on it :D

Well I guess there is mold in pretty much every tea except in this one http://hibiki-an.com/

However I still have green tea from China as well.

Hello! My name is George, I am from Austria and I am a Bulletproof enthusiast just like you :)

I freshly launched my new blog and I appreciate every new Like and Follower Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: eatwithgeorge  :-P

www.eatwithgeorge.com

TheSleeper

TheSleeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

16 oz. hot water
2 tsp. green macha tea
3 tbsp. MCT oil

I just wanted to bump this thread and give some credit to this post and recipe. I have been doing this every morning for well over a month now and it is just wonderful. I keep intending to drop a square of dark chocolate into the hot water before blending it but I never remember because it doesn't even need it.

M. Thomas

M. Thomas

A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

I'd say from a bulletproof perspective pu erh tea could be the antichrist.  I would most definitely avoid it if you are focusing on reducing the mycotoxins in your diet.

Gamebounty

Gamebounty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

I think I'm going to start cycling between tea and coffee. "Kim's" recipe looks good. Is anybody else worried about the fluoride content though? I think I might be over thinking the dangers. I could always go with white tea and increase iodine/mag supplementation, but I'm wondering if that's even necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users