• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

Patricia Aiken

Patricia Aiken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
I keep a pan in the freezer for chocolate. This fits the Bulletproof guidelines.

Don't even like store bought any more.

Liquified coconut oil

Equal amount of cocoa powder. I think Pernigotti is amazing.

Dash of salt ( I use Real Salt)

Couple drops of vanilla.

Stevia or Xylitol. If you use Xylitol I recommend running it the blender to pulverize it into more of a powder- gives you a better end product. Be careful of the Stevia- I've found it gets bitter if you add too much.

Pour onto a cold pan in the freezer. Chocolate ready in just a few minutes. Gotta eat it cold or it melts!

I've added all kinds of stuff to this- raw almonds, raw macaroon cut coconut. Never get any complaints- but only share it judiciously.

I'm considering adding some MCTs just for the fun of it.

aTanguay

aTanguay

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wow, I just made some of this and it's AMAZING.

I forgot the vanilla and it was still terrific.

I put mine into a flat plastic container with a tiny little bit of coconut oil to help release the chocolate bar.

Thank you for posting this. What a great little treat this is going to be.
:-P

Patricia Aiken

Patricia Aiken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Delighted you liked it.

Larry

Larry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
This is a great, simple recipe.
Thanks, Patricia.
I use a plastic ice cube tray that makes perfectly-sized 'nuggets'. They pop right out once the tray is warmed for about 2 minutes at room temperature.
I also smash up (course grind....) a tablespoon of BP Coffee beans and add that to the chocolate for a delicious homemade mocha treat.
Thanks again.

milnerb1

milnerb1

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been making chocolate this way for a couple years as it was a treat while on the HCG Protocol. It is amazing. A couple tweaks I've discovered include:
  • Instead of pouring it into a mold for freezing, pour it onto a silicone mat on a cookie sheet while still liquid. It spreads out int a thin layer before it solidifies. Then, once frozen, take out of the freezer and 'whack' it with something heavy to break it up into nice chocolate bark peices and place into a baggie for later use. It is really wonderful the way it melts in your mouth when it is in thin sheets.
  • "Magic Shell" topping - simply melt it and pour over ice cream and KIDS LOVE IT!!...so do parents
  • "Chocolate Frosting" - Keep it in a mason jar on the shelf instead of freezing. It will be a little harder than frosting. I would think that adding some MCT oil would make it less solid and more spreadable.

Patricia Aiken

Patricia Aiken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Great idea the ice cube tray, Larry. I'm more a thin-mint gal, but when you need nuggets- that'd be the ticket.

Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
I'm psyched about this recipe... Thanks!

...Now, WHEN is Dave gonna sell us "Bulletproof Chocolate"????????????? :-P

chuckcurrie

chuckcurrie

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
How much sweetner do you use?

Patricia Aiken

Patricia Aiken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Hey Chuck- the amount of sweetener depends on the type of sweetener and your taste preference. It's an art not a science! You gotta test as you go. Be careful with Stevia- it seems to get bitter if you go past too sweet. I like xylitol best though- although I have to powderize it in the blender to get rid of the graininess of it.

Larry

Larry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
So figured I'd try another twist...
this time, instead of 10 Tbl. coconut oil and 10 Tbl. chocolate, I only used 8 Tbl. coconut oil and swapped in 2 Tbl. Kerrygold butter.
DELICIOUS.
This change sweetened the flavor and really changed the texture to creamy-creamy-good.
Just thought I'd throw it out there.

When I tell my friends I'm now 'making my own chocolate...', they really do think I'm nuts.
LOL

Leo Godin

Leo Godin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
I do something like this, but with Lindt 90% chocolate. I noticed melting the Xilitol in a little bit of hot water makes the mixture smoother.

So figured I'd try another twist...
this time, instead of 10 Tbl. coconut oil and 10 Tbl. chocolate, I only used 8 Tbl. coconut oil and swapped in 2 Tbl. Kerrygold butter.
DELICIOUS.
This change sweetened the flavor and really changed the texture to creamy-creamy-good.
Just thought I'd throw it out there.

When I tell my friends I'm now 'making my own chocolate...', they really do think I'm nuts.
LOL

abqandrea

abqandrea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

I do something like this, but with Lindt 90% chocolate. I noticed melting the Xilitol in a little bit of hot water makes the mixture smoother.

Wait, you're melting down an already-perfect bar? :shock:

Leo Godin

Leo Godin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ

Wait, you're melting down an already-perfect bar? :shock:

I tried just a little bite of the 90% chocolate and almost puked. You're tougher than me if you can eat it straight.

Georgia

Georgia

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Leo... Really?

Natlex

Natlex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Haha, I eat 90% fine... But I eat so much that it kinda does get expensive after a while, I use it with my bulletproof coffee to add a chocolate taste and to melt on top of my ice cream :).

I tried this chocolate recipe and it was pretty interesting.. I definitely think adding butter as per Larry's suggestion helped the taste (it was a bit more "weird" before).

I did 5 TBL of cocoa and 4 of coconut oil + 1 of butter. Turned out quite good and crunchy :) I'll have to expirement more with this... I think I want to calculate too if it ends up being less expensive than the 90% 100grams of lindt I buy for $3.5 every 2 days or so. Might as well make a big chunk of chocolate where I control 100% of the ingredients.

GhettoProofChef

GhettoProofChef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i cant wait to try this .. thank you Patricia...

im going to have to figure out a way to make bulletproof cheesecake..hmmmm, well ok it wont be bullet proof but itll still be damn good.. heheheh

CSp8

CSp8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey
never buying store bought chocolate again (unless im in a pinch). thanks for that baseline recipe - the formulations are endless!

Helen

Helen

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Wow, thanks for that. Just tried it this evening. Incredible! Even my housemate agreed, and she is still pretty resistant to my attempts to make her bulletproof!

Tracy L. Anderson

Tracy L. Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I keep a pan in the freezer for chocolate. This fits the Bulletproof guidelines.

Don't even like store bought any more.

Liquified coconut oil

Equal amount of cocoa powder. I think Pernigotti is amazing.

Dash of salt ( I use Real Salt)

Couple drops of vanilla.

Stevia or Xylitol. If you use Xylitol I recommend running it the blender to pulverize it into more of a powder- gives you a better end product. Be careful of the Stevia- I've found it gets bitter if you add too much.

Pour onto a cold pan in the freezer. Chocolate ready in just a few minutes. Gotta eat it cold or it melts!

I've added all kinds of stuff to this- raw almonds, raw macaroon cut coconut. Never get any complaints- but only share it judiciously.

I'm considering adding some MCTs just for the fun of it.

Have you gotten the Bullet Proof Cocoa Butter? I substituted some of it in my BP coffee for the butter-Yum.

I love a dark chocolate Bar made my Poco Dolce that I found at Whole Foods: (By the cheeses and wines, not by the rest of the chocolate.) It is Olive Oil Bittersweet Chocolate Bars. The olive oil gives it a rich and creamy texture like milk chocolate. I wish I knew the ratios.

I took a truffle making class once years ago with my mom. It is not hard, just time consuming and fun. I would think it would be the same for making this chocolate. But we had a set recipe to try our variations from there. I just don't want to the chocolate a cocoa butter getting it right. Also I would have to get the right amount of Xylitol-Don't like Stevia much. Maybe a touch of Stevia with the Xylitol. I have not found a local source of Erythritol so I have not
tried it yet.

I think I may buy some chocolate molds (not the bad kind of mold :P ) to experiment with very small batches.

Any input on the ratios would be helpful. I will probably put sea salt on it too-Love that!

Jason Miller

Jason Miller

Mother nature isn't stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,344 posts
  • LocationCanada
I did this, but put in enough coconut flakes in to bring it all together, put in in ice cube trays, then into the freezer to set, absolutely killer!.

My Crossfit programming http://www.facebook....jasonmillerwods
Demo vids for said programming http://www.youtube.c...MegaJasonmiller<p>
Trying to figure out how much to eat? like using a scale? like running tests? http://forum.bulletp...changing-goals/

My fitness pal: http://www.myfitness...y/jasonmiller10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users