Blue Light Blocking Glasses

• You cannot reply to this topic
201 replies to this topic

Zep

Zep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
So I`m looking new ways to stop my insomnia.
Dave recomended those glasses on podcast .http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S1933X-Eyewear-SCT-Orange-Anti-Fog/dp/B000USRG90
I searched tree hours but I couldn find any store that would sell them to europe.
Can someone recomend any other glasses. Or if someone would help me and sell nad send those glasses to me. i would really appreciate. :)

Rod

Rod

The Rodfather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hey!

I use these glasses and they work perfectly. Sure, I will help you, PM me your address and I will figure out how much is the cost to ship it to you.

I am about 50% healed up. I think it will take me till the end of the year to get 100%. My short break is longer than I expected but I will be coming back with more info and insight. Thank all of you who have supported me, I never forget, I send you my love!  I will lurk from time to time!

zingbo

zingbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I've often wondered whether some performance sport sunglasses with orange lenses (Oakley has some) are equivalent - with the added benefit of looking ever so slightly more "conventional."  Anyone done the research on this?  

Brandon Guthrie

Brandon Guthrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Locationohio

I bought those glasses and started using them last night as soon as the sun went down.  First of all I think it's hilarious wearing orange sunglasses around my house at night.  It's kinda like being in another world when all the lights you look at are glowing orange like fire which makes sense because before artificial lighting fire was our only light source besides moonlight.  When I got in bed and turned the lights off and put on my sleep mask it definitely had a strong effect on me.  I didn't get to sleep any faster than usual but I'm still fine tuning my diet and dealing with possible digestive issues.  

Brandon Guthrie

Brandon Guthrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Locationohio

Update:  I've been using these for a week now.  I put them on an hour before bed and I've been falling asleep right away.  

M. Thomas

M. Thomas

A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Lots of sunglass makers will make a no blue lens if you look into it.

mikeymileos

mikeymileos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Mine just arrived today! I got the ones mentioned above. 
Uvex S1933X Skyper Safety Eyewear, Black Frame, SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens
Will put them on an hour before I wanna sleep and see what happens :) I'm excited. 

Do you sleep with them on?

michael johnson

michael johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I work night shift 11p to 7a. about 11am I will put mine on while I am still moving around the house and getting ready for bed. I have noticed after about 30 min I start to yawn and can feel my self settling down. I also bought a amber light bulb on amazon that I put in my nightstand lamp so that I can read in bed. I don't sleep in the amber glasses I found an eye mask that blocks out all light while I sleep. It dose move around and I might not be waring it when I wake up. I have tried to black out my room as much as possible.

mikeymileos

mikeymileos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

I tried them last night, although perhaps unnecessarily. I went to a bar and got home at 3:30am and was already ready to fall asleep. I'll try them again on day that is more normal.

cam

cam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

A friend of mine recommends this: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B000USRG90/

michael johnson

michael johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

The amber lenses I got on amazon I like these becuase the wrap around my eyes and fit very close to the face. I do not notice any leaking blue light coming around the sides of the lens. Just my two sense. I continue to think it is helping me to settle down before going to bed.

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

So do you just need any orange UV lenses to block out the blue light? Or is there something particular that they need to do or have?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

Get Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee in the UK & Europe

alphasupps-small.jpg

Use the discount code IAN for 5% OFF on your orders

See my last fight here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuVDsxbQZ6U). Didn't go so well, but that's the game :wink: enjoy

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

michael johnson

michael johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

A long time ago I saw an infomercial selling blue blocker glasses that could lead you to think they are something special. From what I understand of the physics is orange glasses should still block blue light. the biology is that an area of the retina is stimulated by blue light in the range of around 460 to 480 nm, when stimulated the pineal gland stop the production of melatonin. wearing the glasses starts the "dim light phase" of the circadian rhythm.

If you have easy access to cheap orange glasses I would say give it a shot. if you are starting from scratch I would say spend a few extra $'s.

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

If you have easy access to cheap orange glasses I would say give it a shot. if you are starting from scratch I would say spend a few extra $'s.

If you are spending a few extra $'s, what would you be spending it on?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

alphasupps-small.jpg

See my last fight here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuVDsxbQZ6U). Didn't go so well, but that's the game :wink: enjoy

michael johnson

michael johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

The amber lenses I got on amazon I like these becuase the wrap around my eyes and fit very close to the face. I do not notice any leaking blue light coming around the sides of the lens. Just my two sense. I continue to think it is helping me to settle down before going to bed.

These ones are $16.99 on amazon http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_hi_2 I don't know what that translates to your side of the pond but the wrap around aspect is what I like. another sportier option are these http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B000USRG90/  but if there is light leaking in on the side I don't know if it defets the purpose. Dave wears a pair in all the you tube videos that I have seen that look more like aviator glasses. Mine look like senior citizen glasses, but I only wear them at home before bed so fashion is low priority at that point.

Andreas

Andreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

A couple of months back I got a a pair of the orange lensed glasses (Uvex-S1933X).  I slip them on in the evening and 45 minutes latter, I just naturally roll off to sleep.  One of the best $10 sleep hacks I can think of.

They do have one down side.  My wife and daughter make merciless fun on me when ever they seem me wear them.  I've got to admit, they do look gooney.

Well, I just couldn't take it anymore and went for a sleeker version: http://www.berettaus...sses/soc310001/

I also got a pair of their purple ones, which might just do the opposite.  I use them during the day, to raise my attention.

Oh, They still make fun of them.

Zep

Zep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I have been using these glasses for few weeks now. http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/B000USRG90

I can notice the difference before I go to bed. I`m much more relaxed and I get sleep much faster when I go to bed.  Great investment.

I still wake too early but thats different story.

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Order these:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

epic fail. Lenses aren't actual orange, they're mirror orange. when you put them on, they're dark blue when you look through them!

So ordered these:

Left hope these actually have orange lenses!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

alphasupps-small.jpg

mmejoanna

mmejoanna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Order these:

epic fail. Lenses aren't actual orange, they're mirror orange. when you put them on, they're dark blue when you look through them!

So ordered these:

Left hope these actually have orange lenses!

Oh no - that second link... the description says "Yellow Lens"!

Third time's the charm?

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

hoping that's someone who thinks yellow and orange are the same. but you're probably right :-(

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

alphasupps-small.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users