Thoughts On Artichoke Extract + Forskolin?

artichoke extract forskolin nootropic

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

Gamebounty

Gamebounty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

http://nootropicshac...m-potentiation/

Just stumbled upon this possibility. It may improve memory and other cognitive functions. Any thoughts on the science behind this?

theScojo

theScojo

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Also quite curious about this combo. I've read mostly positive results in other forums, mostly stating a mild effect. I've also read that herbs such as Forskolin can take anywhere from 60-90 days to begin living up to their full potential. I would love to hear some user experiences.

jpirving

jpirving

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

My artichoke extract ,forskolii, and L-phenylalanine came today. I'll report on how it works tomorrow evening.

jpirving

jpirving

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

On my lunch break at home.

I took 10 mg of forskolin, 500mg of artichoke extract with my BP coffee around 6:30 this morning. At around 8 I took 500 mg of l-phenylalanine. 

I felt nothing until maybe 10, then I felt like I got a small mental boost, clear thoughts, though it doesnt compare to modafinil (which I've given up due to its affects on my average heart rate) and was within normal daily variation.

I felt that my pulse was a bit high, so I plugged in my emwave and did a 2 min session: 80 bpm! Not acceptable. 

I have averaged about 62bpm for the past month (mostly morning and night readings), so yeah, not cool (and yes I know, I'm out shape). I chugged a cold bottle of pellegrino to slow my heart rate, took two charcoal tabs and a squirt of glutathione to help flush the stuff. two more 5 minute emwave sessions yielded 75bpm and  72bpm, so I'm not going to die today. I should also add that I feel absolutely fine.

Maybe I'll try this stack again at a much lower dose.If anyone else tries it, please use your emwave a good deal before and after dosing, and tell us your findings.

Raza

Raza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I've been playing with this stack on and off since its conception on the Longecity forums. It's only clear effects are mood improvement and stimulation, synergistic with most other stimulants. Whether it actually increases LTP remains unverified; the science behind it looks good, but the herbal PDE4 inhibitors people are using are much weaker than the rolipram from the cited studies.

That said, I do use this when I know in advance that I want to learn rapidly from an experience I'm about to have.

Gamebounty

Gamebounty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Interesting results from both of you. I just got some today and I'm going to try it out.

Edit: nevermind read the bottle wrong.

JoSho311

JoSho311

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFlorida

I took 20mg of forskoline,500mg artichoke extract, 500mg L Phenylalanine and 250 of cdp choline.  Well I spread it out in 2 parts and took them very late at nite at a music gig (1st half at 750pm and the second at 1130pm), and since im used to armodafinil , I assumed it wouldnt do much . I was incorrect because I couldnt sleep till 7am,  I tossed and turned even with 6mg of melotonin ,
 So i dont recommend taking late at night, but early in the morning. 
 My brain was on overdrive and I could actually visualize the synapes (memorys) connecting . in other words . Able to see one thought go into another with clear specutlation .

brainstorm11

brainstorm11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Recently been developed / tried on Longecity

http://www.longecity...ly-induced-ltp/

Co-founder of Pure Nootropics. Use coupon code "bulletproof10" for 10% off your order

purenootropic_banner-728x901.jpg

JoSho311

JoSho311

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFlorida

I might add ,,, the second day took all supps I listed at the same time in one dose,, didnt have any effect at all .   I had a badmood no focus day on top of that .   hmmm ??    Why I wonder .

Im going to pursue a few blood tests i think .

pizzabagel

pizzabagel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Make sure you take ALCAR with the stack.  CILTEP (forskolin, mainly) is an AchE promoter, so you need some extra acetylcholine up front - ALCAR works for this.  Also, follow the thread in general

http://forum.bulletp...ead-podcast-82/

I might add ,,, the second day took all supps I listed at the same time in one dose,, didnt have any effect at all .   I had a badmood no focus day on top of that .   hmmm ??    Why I wonder .

Im going to pursue a few blood tests i think .

brainstorm11

brainstorm11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

A lot of it is genetic too. I think I'm dopamine dominant so the increased metabolism almost puts me to sleep to be honest. Maybe this is my imagination or some other factor at work.

Co-founder of Pure Nootropics. Use coupon code "bulletproof10" for 10% off your order

JoSho311

JoSho311

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Make sure you take ALCAR with the stack.  CILTEP (forskolin, mainly) is an AchE promoter, so you need some extra acetylcholine up front - ALCAR works for this.  Also, follow the thread in general

http://forum.bulletp...ead-podcast-82/

yea ,  i totally missed that ingredient out of the CILTEP list .   I do add 250mg of cdp choline ,  but i will add the L carnitine to it .

thnx ;   and also it seems the L phenylaline is causing frustration (bursts of inner rage) because it's converted into taurine and that stuff definitly doesnt need to be in my system. 

hybrid

hybrid

Cateye vs Isolation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

http://www.upgradeds...pic-stack-60-ct

KristerDobbins

KristerDobbins

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I enjoy the stack I have been doing. It consist of (2) 10 mg artichoke ex, (2) Acytel L-Cartinine, Aphenalalenine 500mg, and Coleus Forskolin (starting with 5mg, working to 10 mg) The first day I took this stack I found my self not procrastinating basic chores and projects. Instead of prioritizing and thinking about the process, I simply began them and found myself getting lost in each of the different tasks. For me this was a huge improvment, mainly because my lack of will in getting past beginning things and also completing tasks. I have noticed a complimentary relationship between my coffee and this. Especially if you are new to digesting fat, this stack specifically helps use fats more efficiently and can compete against the typical bloating/cramps some may feel when switching to a higher fat diet. I hope this is of service for somebody, good day everyone!

(I may have gotten some amounts wrong and spelt Aphenalalenine way wrong, BTW) haha

Music

Music

Music is Math

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationClose

CILTEP has been doing wonders for me.  It has brought me out of amphetamine "withdrawel" along with armodafinil.

Stuff has really brought my memory alive: I can put myself back into past events such as concerts or family events from years ago.

AndrewMcDermot

AndrewMcDermot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

After a full bottle of natural stacks CILTEP I have to say I am very disappointed. At first I thought it was pretty good. But now it just makes me tired... I will not be buying again. 

brainstorm11

brainstorm11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

After a full bottle of natural stacks CILTEP I have to say I am very disappointed. At first I thought it was pretty good. But now it just makes me tired... I will not be buying again. 

========

What are your thoughts on the sleepiness? Reasons or causes? I have the same problem :-\ 

I think it is more genetic than anything.

suntoucher

suntoucher

Uninspired Potential

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationEurope

Did you guys try some acetylcholine precursors for your tiredness issues? Alpha GPC, CDP?

I didn't get magical effects either. Sorta on the fence if it's worth it. Kinda feel it, kinda don't. Like with most other supplements. 

There's also the idea that if you are a smart person, it's much harder to make you smarterer than if you were of average intelligence.

Noone seems to consider the fact that placebo effect is always there :( I wish I was as anal as, say, Gwern and ran double blinded tests on my nootropics. It's the only way to know if you are just deluding yourself or not.

Check out my Bulletproof: Notes & Cheat Sheet, Extensive Supplements Guide.

brainstorm11

brainstorm11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Did you guys try some acetylcholine precursors for your tiredness issues? Alpha GPC, CDP?

I didn't get magical effects either. Sorta on the fence if it's worth it. Kinda feel it, kinda don't. Like with most other supplements. 

There's also the idea that if you are a smart person, it's much harder to make you smarterer than if you were of average intelligence.

Noone seems to consider the fact that placebo effect is always there :( I wish I was as anal as, say, Gwern and ran double blinded tests on my nootropics. It's the only way to know if you are just deluding yourself or not.

========

One would assume the ALCAR does the trick. Not to mention I usually eat 8 eggs total every 2-3 days.

About the double blind and placebo. I wouldn't be too worried. From a monetary perspective, it does matter. However, the placebo effect can be useful enough as it is. No reason not to utilize your own ignorance :)

pizzabagel

pizzabagel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Almost done with The Edge Effect - fairly certain that CILTEP works well with ACh dominant types for the exact reason that we're ACh dominant.  Same reason why we respond to racetams and don't need choline to go along with it, and same reason why we hate Alpha Brain but it also might suggest that an AChE inhibitor like HupA would work great for ppl who are ACh deficient.

If L-phenylalaline gives you rage, then just do the stack without it - you are probably DA dominant and don't need it.  It is only in there to replete dopamine.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users