7 replies to this topic

urklegrue

urklegrue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

How much protein does the bulletproof diet recommend for athletes and how much can you absorb in one sitting?

suntoucher

suntoucher

Uninspired Potential

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationEurope

BP diet guidelines (not talking about food quality, but about macros, PWO and such) aren't really tailored to athletes.

Check out my Bulletproof: Notes & Cheat Sheet, Extensive Supplements Guide.

Ablett

Ablett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

How much protein does the bulletproof diet recommend for athletes and how much can you absorb in one sitting?

All the protein you eat you will absorb but not all of it will go directly to your muscles if that was your question?

urklegrue

urklegrue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

I've noticed that the diet isn't tailored toward atheletes but i've adapted many things from the diet with surprisingly great results in strength, energy, cardio, and leanness.  

My issue is that by not eating until 1pm (BP coffee in the a.m.), i find it tough to get the proper amount of protein I need throughout the day (typical day included 2-3 hrs of high intensity training: mma and SnC), so i've had to up my servings per meal from approx. 30g - 50/60g. 

I find the answers posted in this forum are typically far more knowledge based than info i can get from a fitness website or even most trainers....

Jason Miller

Jason Miller

Mother nature isn't stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts
  • LocationCanada

0.9g-1g/lb bodyweight minus body fat minimum for multiple sessions/day 5+days/week.  I have sort of the same issue with getting it all down but I manage, 5 oz at lunch and dinner and 1 scoop pp before wo and 1.5 scoops after wo.  Not sure if I believe the hype but 50g protein at one time seems like a good limit, for no other reason than that is 8oz meat or almost 2 scoops pp in one shot, may be better to have meat snacks.

My Crossfit programming http://www.facebook....jasonmillerwods
Demo vids for said programming http://www.youtube.c...MegaJasonmiller<p>
Trying to figure out how much to eat? like using a scale? like running tests? http://forum.bulletp...changing-goals/

urklegrue

urklegrue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Yeah that sounds (more or less) similar to my intake now.  Thanks Jason.

M. Thomas

M. Thomas

A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Yes, the 40-50 g limit per sitting is a dietary myth.

urklegrue

urklegrue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

This is what I suspected.  Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users