• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

dflahert

dflahert

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been following the bulletproof diet for three weeks and just took my first ketone strip test. Results came back negative. How do I enhance my effort so I can get into Ketosis quickly?

Thanks
Dylan

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Eat less carbs and start less threads ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

Get Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee in the UK & Europe

alphasupps-small.jpg

Use the discount code IAN for 5% OFF on your orders

See my last fight here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuVDsxbQZ6U). Didn't go so well, but that's the game :wink: enjoy

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

Eveland

Eveland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Eat less carbs and start less threads ;-)

Lol

Yeah cut your carb intake to almost almost nothing for a couple of days and you should get there fine. Try making your only source of carbs non-sweet and non-starchy vegetables during this time. Things like broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens.

Rod

Rod

The Rodfather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

You're going to need some help from MCT oil. What's your daily regiment? 

I am about 50% healed up. I think it will take me till the end of the year to get 100%. My short break is longer than I expected but I will be coming back with more info and insight. Thank all of you who have supported me, I never forget, I send you my love!  I will lurk from time to time!

Intensity Junkie

Intensity Junkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Strips don't always work btw. 

If you are physically active and having 50 or less carbs a day, after 10 days you should have been not only making ketones but running off them. 

dflahert

dflahert

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
"Start less threads". That is honestly so disappointing to see on a forum and website founded on the principle of curiosity. Thank you to those who responded intelligently and thoughtfully.

Jason Miller

Jason Miller

Mother nature isn't stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts
  • LocationCanada

"Start less threads". That is honestly so disappointing to see on a forum and website founded on the principle of curiosity. Thank you to those who responded intelligently and thoughtfully.

He just means to use the search function first, questions like these have been asked many times before, and answered just as much.
My Crossfit programming http://www.facebook....jasonmillerwods
Demo vids for said programming http://www.youtube.c...MegaJasonmiller<p>
Trying to figure out how much to eat? like using a scale? like running tests? http://forum.bulletp...changing-goals/

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

^^^^^^^^^

Lazy people come in, push to the front of the queue, post one new thread asking a question, without though, searching or giving enough information for anyone to actually help and are never seen again and never contribute to the forum again.

You could be one of the above ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

alphasupps-small.jpg

See my last fight here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuVDsxbQZ6U). Didn't go so well, but that's the game :wink: enjoy

dflahert

dflahert

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Or you are just an a$$ho#e.  I did search ketosis and did not find results.  I am not lazy, but if you are comfortable insinuating that I am stupid than that's on you.  I am new to this forum, strength and conditioning, and really excited to learn more about these practices.  Why respond negatively if my question is so far beneath your expertise, why respond at all?  

ryanmercer

ryanmercer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSpeedway, IN

^^^^^^^^^

Lazy people come in, push to the front of the queue, post one new thread asking a question, without though, searching or giving enough information for anyone to actually help and are never seen again and never contribute to the forum again.

You could be one of the above :wink:

----------------------------

Heh I've seen enough posts in the past 24 hours to say the same about you when you first joined ;P

It doesn't help the search function on this forum software is absolute crap. You can search something quite specific and get 5-7 pages of completely unrelated results. The forum software itself is complete crap, it breaks every quote a reply anyone tries to do making it annoying at best to sort through where one person's quote ends and someones commentary begins unless someone puts a line in themselves as a break.

There could also stand to be far more stickies... I had to go through several pages in the coffee section before I finally found someoen saying the coffee is optional, that I do not need to switch from a lifetime of only water drinking to water and coffee drinking. Give the guy a break. This isn't the easiest forum to find things on.

Jason Miller

Jason Miller

Mother nature isn't stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts
  • LocationCanada

I didn't like the strips either, tried them when I was definitely in ketosis and just like you I got a weak reading.  It's fairly safe to say that under 50g, definitely under 30g carb will get you there.  

My Crossfit programming http://www.facebook....jasonmillerwods
Demo vids for said programming http://www.youtube.c...MegaJasonmiller<p>
Trying to figure out how much to eat? like using a scale? like running tests? http://forum.bulletp...changing-goals/

Desp

Desp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Also with the strips if you drink a lot of water through the day they will show a low reading, I've noticed when I use them first thing in the morning it shows heavy ketosis then later in the day it says light or none.

Eveland

Eveland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

if you can afford to use one, get a blood ketone meter instead.

MaverickAzz

MaverickAzz

Powerful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

I should just point out that EVERY FORUM has the same culture. So everyone should go do an extra 5 minutes on the emWave or give their dad a hug or whatever. ;)

New guy: Hey, (insert question that has been covered a million times)?
Regular: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. 

This is not localised to this forum :)

The rubbish forum software, however, is localised to this forum! 

My answer, make sure you're getting your MCT oil in the morning and cut out your carbs to under 30g a day initially. You'll "feel" ketosis eventually.

No sorcery, just science. 

tytuswilson

tytuswilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

I was telling my friends that the thing I love about this forum is people do not complain all the time and say search the forum, but lately I see that on every post, but I do understand that it gets annoying.  I do agree the forums search feature it not the best right now.  I like when people ask the same question that has been answered a lot to post a link to that discussion and then the thread will die quickly.  

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

----------------------------

Heh I've seen enough posts in the past 24 hours to say the same about you when you first joined ;P

Link :wink:

All my stuff is said with a wink and a smile ;-) no harsh tones here.......I enjoy this forum when I'm on here, even someone saying I'm a roider didn't even get my hrv to change :-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

alphasupps-small.jpg

MaverickAzz

MaverickAzz

Powerful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Link :wink:

All my stuff is said with a wink and a smile :wink: no harsh tones here.......I enjoy this forum when I'm on here, even someone saying I'm a roider didn't even get my hrv to change :smile:

Powerful Katolotus!

I come from the perspective of a non-aggressive, fat guy, that's no longer a fat guy :P

Yes, I love my MMA, no, I don't do any of it (with that being said, I'm keen to start now that my body doesn't feel like it's about to fall apart when I get out of a chair or climb stairs!).

What I'd actually like is for ALL OF US us to appreciate the diversity we have here. We've got MMA fighters and engineers coming together. Cross fit monsters (yeah, you, Jason!) talking to mothers. Researchers dropping knowledge jerk-offs like me! I haven't come across too many other places with this diversity. 

I owe a lot to this diet AND this community. Yes, it shits me off when you see the same question asked repeatedly, yet I used to do that too. "That search box is too far from the Start New Thread button. Oh well!" I guess we all come here from either:
1. A good place and want to get better, or

2. A bad place and want to get better. (Sorry, I don't have citations for either of these claims).

And I know I might talk a lot of shit too, but we're all here to get better, as I have been... so I'm always happy to lend a hand.

A final point is: Not all of us are Joe Rogan fans. Some of us might not get the "you dirty bitches", but that's cool. If you don't like it, then just know that we're a bunch of savages that mean well. For those that are JRE fanatics, you can go fuck yourselves. ;)

No sorcery, just science. 

Conzed92

Conzed92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I've been following the bulletproof diet for three weeks and just took my first ketone strip test. Results came back negative. How do I enhance my effort so I can get into Ketosis quickly?

Thanks
Dylan

Blood ketone meter. Lately there has been quite the discussion on these forums to establish the efficacy and reliability of using keto-stix. They are not optimal, there are simple too many variables that can be manipulated to affect the result. If you find a good one, could you post a link to it, in this thread maybe? I am very keen on getting one as well. 

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

If people can't learn to use the search function themselves and expect us to do all the work for them, this will likely be the result ;-)

p.s. I've not had any issues with the search on this forum and have used it loads. Not saying it's perfect, but seems to work ok.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

alphasupps-small.jpg

joeld123

joeld123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • LocationToronto

I find that the search results depend on the forum you are running it from.  So, if you are on the main forum screen you will get search results for everything.  But if you are in the general discussion forum for example results will only be from that area and not for example the Bulletproof Diet forum.  So, maybe I am being charitable but this is not at all obvious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users