Most Exacting Definition Of Bulletproof Coffee Beans ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

temperance

temperance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Hello

Googled and got a good description of exactly how Bulletproof Coffee Beans are produced, but im looking for an absolutely blow by blow definition of how they are made, standards, roasts etc. Is there a good one online ?

Thanks

pharmaceutical

pharmaceutical

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Locationaustralia

http://www.bulletpro...e-in-your-city/

is that what you mean? any steps not listed here involved in production of upgraded beans themselves are proprietary. dave talks about it briefly on the more recent joe rogan experience episode.

temperance

temperance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Thanks, I had forgotten about that page.

In particular looking for a blow by blow account of the harvesting and processing method.

katolotus

katolotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I doubt Dave's gonna give away any of his close secrets :wink:

What you gonna call your coffee. Bombproof® Coffee :wink:

No wait, I'll copyright © that myself 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

Get Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee in the UK & Europe

alphasupps-small.jpg

Use the discount code IAN for 5% OFF on your orders

See my last fight here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuVDsxbQZ6U). Didn't go so well, but that's the game :wink: enjoy

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

temperance

temperance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Ha! Im speaking to a roaster and trying to explain what bulletproof coffee is. My description so far has been pretty vague... Obviously the roaster has never even heard of mycotoxins, let alone the notion of them being an issue.

Desp

Desp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationTexas

Ha! Im speaking to a roaster and trying to explain what bulletproof coffee is. My description so far has been pretty vague... Obviously the roaster has never even heard of mycotoxins, let alone the notion of them being an issue.

From what I remember the way it's processed is using the forced water method to remove the outer skin, and not the soaked/fermented method. And then it needs to be hot air dried instead of sun dried. I think that in combination with the correct beans from the correct geographical location is how you get BP coffee.

I don't believe Dave invented any of these processes, he just searched out the grower that used these with beans with the methods, and then he tested for toxins and stuck a label on it.

Jason Miller

Jason Miller

Mother nature isn't stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationCanada
None of the processes have any value if the beans are moldy, so that is step one, the remaining steps are just preservation and good treatment of the ingredient.
My Crossfit programming http://www.facebook....jasonmillerwods
Demo vids for said programming http://www.youtube.c...MegaJasonmiller<p>
Trying to figure out how much to eat? like using a scale? like running tests? http://forum.bulletp...changing-goals/

mikeymileos

mikeymileos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

It's high altitude, single origin coffee, that has been mechanically processed, and then roasted by one of the best roasters in the USA. The first three are there for mould, the last is for taste. Only Dave mechanically processes the coffee, it's his own thing, if you can't get that, try wet processed, although it doesn't guarantee no mycotoxins. I had ticked all the criteria, high altitude, single o, wet processed, and recently roasted, and I still had brain fog until switching back to Upgraded coffee.

temperance

temperance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

The mechanical process is water processed and hot air dried. The only way to know if this happens is to visit the location I would imagine. This would be hard to do by any kind of formal audit thousands of miles away.

mikeymileos

mikeymileos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

If I don't get brain fog after drinking it, that's good enough for me.

temperance

temperance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Will report back !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users