• You cannot reply to this topic
74 replies to this topic

PaleoZen

PaleoZen

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey everyone. Just discovered this site few days ago via banner on Jack Kruse's site.

Today is my second day making the BP coffee (and first with MCT) and I am loving it! Could tell
an immediate difference yesterday ;)

My question is do any of you have feedback on the best (or worst) personal blenders to use.
I have an old big plastic thing on it's last leg. I was researching and debating on a mini/personal blender
vs. a handheld.

Any recommendations or suggestions from personal experience would be appreciated!

experimentalfoodie

experimentalfoodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I use an immersion blender in a large container. Don't feel comfortable with very hot liquid in standard blenders.

abqandrea

abqandrea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
If this is JUST for the coffee and other "light" jobs, then a stick blender is good. Get a powerful one or else it will crap out in a year. I have a Cuisinart, like this:
http://amzn.com/B000...ag=abqandrea-20

If you want a real deal blender for everything from smoothies to soup to cracking nuts (practically), then you want a Vitamix. That's 10x the price and worth every penny if making liquids out of anything is desireable.

Yeah, that's my referral link in there. Don't shoot me. :cool:

Leo Godin

Leo Godin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ
I use a magic bullet. It's mall and fast, and I use the blender cup to drink the coffee, so I don't actually have a blender to wash. Another advantage is the plastic blender cup. No pre-heating is required since there's no glass to sap the heat.

abqandrea

abqandrea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
In less than a week, I established a pretty bulletproof routine with the coffee. Here's the method if you want to get it done pretty quickly (per cup basis).

Hardware: Aeropress coffee maker, stick blender, big coffee mug.

Use big (12-16oz) coffee mug to heat up 6oz of water in microwave.
While that's going, measure 2T of coffee into Aeropress, prep the filter paper, retrieve butter from fridge.
Dump water into Aeropress & stir, immediately slice butter into mug where it will start melting. Add MCT.
Retrieve and plug in stick blender.
Stir coffee grounds again, add lid/filter, press into mug. Immediately eject Aeropress grounds, rinse and leave in rack.
Blend coffee in the mug for up to 30 seconds.
Rinse blender stick, leave in dishrack.
Coffee is done and still pretty hot from the residual mug heat. Yay!

This is about a 4 minute process start to finish. When done I have my mug of coffee and everything is clean and ready for cup #2 in a few hours.

Have fun!

jelsenburg

jelsenburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I use a magic bullet. It's mall and fast, and I use the blender cup to drink the coffee, so I don't actually have a blender to wash. Another advantage is the plastic blender cup. No pre-heating is required since there's no glass to sap the heat.

Do you have any problems with the liquid leaking through? I know someone mentioned that with the heat it presses through the seal.

edit* Nevermind I see where you said the blender part...I ordered one hopefully it will be here shortly.

PaleoZen

PaleoZen

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the feedback.
I ordered a stick blender and next month will try the Aeropress. :)

Leon Wurfel

Leon Wurfel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hi guys,
Had been on the lookout for a stick blender after going through 2 magic bullets (rip off ones) in the past few months. Found one of these on a work trip today:

http://www.philips.c...-hr1372_90/prd/

As a factory second - $50, brand new and in perfect condition

just wanted to share :)
www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!

Leo Godin

Leo Godin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, AZ

Do you have any problems with the liquid leaking through? I know someone mentioned that with the heat it presses through the seal.

edit* Nevermind I see where you said the blender part...I ordered one hopefully it will be here shortly.

The Magic Bullet isn't so magical. My second blade attachment is leaking now. I guess it isn't good for hot beverages. I'm now using my Oster beehive blender. Loud as heck, but very powerful. Overkill for bulletproof coffee, but should last.

Evinx

Evinx

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Has anyone ever tried the Aerolatte frothing blender? it looks real easy to use right in your cup. Just wondering if it is powerful enough?

jelsenburg

jelsenburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I use the Magic Bullet at home haven't had any problems with it leaking, in fact it seems to cause a vacuum. At work/travel I use the MooLatte frothing blender..it works ok, It is powerfull enough to get everything spinning and mix bit, everything starts to separate shortly after you stop.

cglabicky

cglabicky

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Has anyone ever tried the Aerolatte frothing blender? it looks real easy to use right in your cup. Just wondering if it is powerful enough?

I've been using the Aerolatte to go for the past month or so and I must say that I have been very impressed with this little device. Normally what i do is use an immersion blender to give the BPC its initial emulsifying blend and then once i pour it in to my mug I'll hit it with the aerolatte for a few seconds to top it off with a great head of foam. In other istances i use only the aerolatte if i'm travelling and it has done just fine. Definitely reccommened :) . If you are curious to read more reviews here is a link

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B0001RT2C4

bulletproofcheesesteak

bulletproofcheesesteak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Vitamix for everything

bulletproofcheesesteak

bulletproofcheesesteak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

But if You follow Joe Rogan Loyally I guess it's all about blendtech

jmayer

jmayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

I bought a blendtec about a year ago and love it.  Bulletproof coffee is awesome.  Amazing vegetable + butter soups.  Bulletproof ice cream.  The list goes on and on. 

After doing a bunch of research I think QVC has the best price for the blendtec with the wildside jar for about $375. 

http://www.qvc.com/B...uct.K36614.html

Joe E.

Joe E.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

I use an electronic stirrer for BP coffee. Works well, quick easy, no mess.

M. Thomas

M. Thomas

A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

A vitamix or blendtec is where its at if you have a large enough budget.  My vitamix is probably the best investment I have made for a kitchen tool.  I highly recommend a high end blender.  Indispensible!

The blendtec is slightly superior to the vitamix due to no need for a wand to smash things down.  Still can't go wrong with the vitamix though.  I use mine a couple of times a day.

David R

David R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Blendtec is my dream blender.  It is always helpful to compare reviews on amazon if you are thinking of spending a lot of money on a blender (Blendtec vs. Vitamix).  

I use this stick blender.  Its OK but I am not satisfied with the amount of foam I get with the BP coffee.  I can also see the little butter droplets on the top of my coffee once the foam is gone so I know its not becoming emulsified enough.

Marco.Leblanc

Marco.Leblanc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMoncton, NB

In less than a week, I established a pretty bulletproof routine with the coffee. Here's the method if you want to get it done pretty quickly (per cup basis).

Hardware: Aeropress coffee maker, stick blender, big coffee mug.

Use big (12-16oz) coffee mug to heat up 6oz of water in microwave.
While that's going, measure 2T of coffee into Aeropress, prep the filter paper, retrieve butter from fridge.
Dump water into Aeropress & stir, immediately slice butter into mug where it will start melting. Add MCT.
Retrieve and plug in stick blender.
Stir coffee grounds again, add lid/filter, press into mug. Immediately eject Aeropress grounds, rinse and leave in rack.
Blend coffee in the mug for up to 30 seconds.
Rinse blender stick, leave in dishrack.
Coffee is done and still pretty hot from the residual mug heat. Yay!

This is about a 4 minute process start to finish. When done I have my mug of coffee and everything is clean and ready for cup #2 in a few hours.

Have fun!

Pretty structured routine you got there ! :P can i suggest not heating your water in the microwave ? Microwaving is really not good for you on the long term. I wpuld auggest heating water in a boiling pan or something over the stove! Or buy a cheap water boiler

Kirez

Kirez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

I find the AeroLatte very useful for stirring the coffee... while it's still in the AeroPress. 

...so I pour the water into the aeropress, and stir (AeroLatte) the water & grinds to help the extraction. This helps a lot and speeds up my process some. 

(I put kerrygold and MCT oil into the MagicBullet cup and put the AeroPress on top and brew straight into the MagicBullet blender cup.)

I've had no problems whatever with the MagicBullet, and I've been brewing my BP coffee this way for more than a year. 

However, I do NOT want to travel with a Magic Bullet, and I've had trouble making BP coffee while traveling, it's just not as good if I have to stir the butter into the coffee by hand.  Suggestions?  Does anyone travel with a hand immersion blender like the Cuisinart? 

AeroLatte --- one annoying feature is it operates on AA batteries. I find these die too frequently. So I got rechargeable batteries, and now I just recharge them. Better! :-) 

+1... do not use microwave, even for water. Not only is it unhealthy, it changes the taste (for the worse). Get an electric kettle. We don't use a microwave for anything at all (not true -- we defrost meat for our dog with it). I think my wife was recently reinforced in this conviction from reading The Better Baby Book. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users