• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I just started on BP IF after migrating from Warrior (removing fruits & nuts/adding butter & MCT) but in the blood tests I had done just before starting, we found high Cardio CRP levels at 8.7 (but decent bp, cholesterol & the rest, except for low D).  Being obese makes the Dr concerned about heart disease and warned me he will be considering statins if this level does not improve.  started at 360 lbs / 6', currently at 330 lbs.  I get bi-weekly B12 and T injections, diagnosed with gout and sleep apnea (on CPAP device).

I am six weeks into my change of eating habits (and 30 pounds lighter fo far) and have another blood screening scheduled for 6 weeks from now.  I was previously taking New Chapter Zyflamend and Doctor's Best Serrapeptase daily while rehabbing a Thoracic Outlet Syndrome issue.  I have started switching over to BP supplements with more being added (see next post)

I cook with coconut oil & grass fed butter, use various sea salts, eat grass-fed beef & eggs multiple times a week with the rest grass-fed lamb, chicken & pork  (No fish yet).  Brown rice & sweet potatoes 2 days a week.  No other starchy carbs, lot's of fresh veggies from my garden & farm box delivery.

Exercise is 2-3 miles daily with my dogs and ramping up to 3 days/week of DDP Yoga & a couple days of kettlebell swings & stretches.

The main question becomes is there is anything I should eat or supplement to specifically target Cardio CRP levels?  Secondarily, anything else I am missing or should be attacking differently?  

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I took the opportunity to list my supplements and qtys:

9am
Upgraded Anti-Aging 1 pill
Pure Encapsulations B Complex Plus 1 pill
Green Pasture's Blue Ice Fermented COD Liver Oil 500g
Pure Encapsulations - Iodine (potassium iodide) 225mcg
NOW Foods Vitamin C-1000 1g
Life Extension Super K with Advanced K2 Complex 2200mcg
Jarrow Formulas Krill Oil 500mg
Jarrow Formulas Alpha Lipoic Sustain 300mg
Life Extension Calcium D-Glucarate 500mg
Bragg Superior Systemic Enzymes 1000mg

Mixed in Water
Sundown Naturals D3 13,000IU
USP Labs Modern BCAA Plus 9g
Jarrow Formulas L-Glutamine Powder 12g
Himilayan pink sea salt 1/2 tsp
1 tbsp Upgraded Collagen

(following taken every other morning)
Super Selenium Complex 200 mcg & Vitamin E Life Extension 200mcg
Jarrow Formulas - Zinc Balance 15mg/1mg

Daytime
10am:  Bulletproof Coffee 12 oz
12pm:  Upgraded Glutathione 1 pump
3pm:  Source Naturals 100% Pure Activated Charcoal 520mg
7pm:  Dinner (bulletproof compliant)

11pm
Doctors Best Best High Potency Serrapeptase 120kIU
Doctors Best Best Nattokinase 2000fu
Jarrow Formulas Krill Oil 500mg
Green Pasture's Blue Ice Fermented COD Liver Oil 500g
Life Extension Calcium D-Glucarate 500mg
NOW Foods Vitamin C-1000 1g
Now Foods Potassium Citrate 99mg

Mixed in Water
Jarrow Formulas L-Glutamine Powder 8mg
Natural Calm Natural Vitality 525mg
USP Labs Modern BCAA Plus 9g
1 tbsp Upgraded Collagen

Rod

Rod

The Rodfather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

MERIVA-SR will kill the CRP but WHY is it so elevated!!!

Your blood results will be horrible as you loose weight you will flush toxins into your blood stream. Why are you taking B12 and Test shots?

If your levels are so low, seems like the TESTOSTERONE steal is happening. B12 is used for Methylation which is relative to toxin removal ( heavy metals ).....

Do you have anxiety and depression? Brain fog? Lack of motivation? Mood swings? 

Don't take your activated charcoal with other supplements, keep them far away. I have too much to say lol I'll wait for your response. 

I am about 50% healed up. I think it will take me till the end of the year to get 100%. My short break is longer than I expected but I will be coming back with more info and insight. Thank all of you who have supported me, I never forget, I send you my love!  I will lurk from time to time!

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

MERIVA-SR will kill the CRP but WHY is it so elevated!!!

Your blood results will be horrible as you loose weight you will flush toxins into your blood stream. Why are you taking B12 and Test shots?

If your levels are so low, seems like the TESTOSTERONE steal is happening. B12 is used for Methylation which is relative to toxin removal ( heavy metals ).....

Do you have anxiety and depression? Brain fog? Lack of motivation? Mood swings? 

Don't take your activated charcoal with other supplements, keep them far away. I have too much to say lol I'll wait for your response. 

For a couple months before this blood test, I was taking New Chapter Zyfflamend, which contains 110mg of curucumin, twice a day.  http://www.newchapte...upplement-facts .  This is the same active ingredient in MERIVA-SR, just a lesser dose?

I have had low B,D and Testosterone for a while and my doctor recommended injections for the B & T, and I just started with supplementing D.  I also just today started with the B Complex.

No idea why my CRP levels are high, other than perhaps the past few months I have been in PT for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, which is an inflammation problem.  The only other time my blood was tested for CRP was a few years ago when I had a gout flare up and CRP read at 23 then (dismissed due to the gout inflammation at that time)

I have not had anxiety or depression or brain fog or mood swings.  I often felt a lack of motivation, which did seem to get better with B & T shots.

Activated Charcoal is only taken 2-3 hours after Glutathione.

I have another blood draw scheduled for 6 weeks from now (12 weeks from last test before I started making these life changes)

Rod

Rod

The Rodfather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

After years of abuse of the fight and flight system, the adrenaline gets stuck in the joints causing arthritic pain. That was one clue...

Low Test can happen when the body needs more survival hormones. 

Do you have fatigue? 

I am about 50% healed up. I think it will take me till the end of the year to get 100%. My short break is longer than I expected but I will be coming back with more info and insight. Thank all of you who have supported me, I never forget, I send you my love!  I will lurk from time to time!

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Do you have fatigue? 

I had never really noticed it, but in the past 6 weeks of living right and trying to fix years of damage, I have felt more energetic and aware, so I guess I was fatigued.

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Current supplements:

9am:

Mixed in 12-16 oz water:

1 Tbsp Collagen Protein

1 Tbsp MCT Oil

10g L-Glutamine

5g BCAA

Whey Protein (currently 2 scoops of Primal Fuel low carb paleo protein powder, soon will be Upgraded Whey)

1x Pure Encapsulations - B-Complex Plus
1x Life Extension Super K with Advanced K2 Complex (2200mcg)
1x Pure Encapsulations - Iodine (potassium iodide) (225mcg)
2x Doctors Best Best Vitamin D3 (5000IU ea)
2x Doctors Best High Absorption Magnesium (100mg ea)
1x Life Extension Optimized Chromium with Crominex 3+ (500mcg)
2x Life Extension Calcium D-Glucarate (200mg ea)
1x Jarrow Formulas Krill Oil (200mcg)
1x Green Pasture's Blue Ice Fermented COD Liver Oil 
1x NOW Foods Vitamin C-1000 Sustained Release with Rose Hips
1x Life Extension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with Enhanced Mitochondrial Support (50mg)
1x Life Extension Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes
Adding 1x Jarrow NAC (500mg) that just arrived

M-F only:  1x Jarrow Formulas Alpha Lipoic Sustain (300mg)
Switching to 1x Jarrow R-ALA (100mg) that just arrived.

Sat-Sun only:
1x Life Extension Super Selenium Complex (200mcg)
1x Jarrow Formulas - Zinc Balance  (15mg zinc, 1mg copper)

10am breakfast of eggs & leftover dinner, 12 oz iced coffee (black)

12pm BPC (30g coffee, 400g water, 1-2 Tbsp unsalted Kerrygold, 1-2 Tbsp MCT oil)

3pm Upgraded Glutathione

11pm:

Mixed in 12-16 oz water:

1 Tbsp Collagen Protein

1 Tbsp MCT Oil

10g L-Glutamine

5g BCAA

4 tsp Natural Calm Natural Vitality (600mg ttl)

1x Doctors Best Best High Potency Serrapeptase (120k IU)
1x Doctors Best Best Nattokinase (2000FU)
1x Now Foods Potassium Citrate Caps (99mg)
1x Life Extension Super Bio-Curcumin (400mg)
1x Life Extension Natural Glucose Absorption Control
2x Doctors Best High Absorption Magnesium (100mg ea)
2x Life Extension Calcium D-Glucarate (200mg ea)
1x Jarrow Formulas Krill Oil (200mcg)
1x Green Pasture's Blue Ice Fermented COD Liver Oil 
1x NOW Foods Vitamin C-1000 Sustained Release with Rose Hips
1x Life Extension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with Enhanced Mitochondrial Support (50mg)
1x Life Extension Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

My GP balked at ordering any additional tests.  Actually, he punted and put it on me, saying he would order the tests but the insurance company would claim them not medically necessary so I would be billed.  So, I stuck with just the tests he wanted for now.

Rod

Rod

The Rodfather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Hi, 

Thanks for the update, so, what tests did he order? Did you tell him you wanted to CRP again sometime soon in the future? 

MaverickAzz

MaverickAzz

Powerful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Do you have fatigue? 

Not everyone has adrenal fatigue like you :P

Still, good questions so far mate :)

No sorcery, just science. 

Rod

Rod

The Rodfather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Not everyone has adrenal fatigue like you :P

Still, good questions so far mate :)

It has been confirmed that I am beyond adrenal fatigue, I have "Life Fatigue" lol  but I meant in general. I hated when I would get these tired spells...I hope when I'm fixed, I can be a machine day in and day out! 

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Hi, 

Thanks for the update, so, what tests did he order? Did you tell him you wanted to CRP again sometime soon in the future? 

--

My elevated hs-CRP is probably his primary focus right now.  Cholesterol, uric Acid, B, D and testosterone are the others he ordered.

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Here's the results of my Sept blood tests (limited tests ordered by GP), after 2 months of 80% BP.  I had only been taking Life Extension Super Bio-Curcumin (for the elevated CRP) for a month at this point.

Sept 2013:

Weight:  325

Cholesterol:  188 (39 HDL, 98 Triglycerides, 129 LDL) 

Cardio CRP ®:  4.6 H mg/L 

Vitamin D:  51 ng/mL  

Uric Acid:  6.9 mg/dL

June 2013:

Weight:  360

Cholesterol:  205 (50 HDL, 156 Triglycerides, 124 LDL) 

Cardio CRP ®:  8.7 H mg/L 

Vitamin D:  24 L ng/mL  

Uric Acid:  6.6 mg/dL

Starting on a revised supplement plan now, based on guidance from John Sisson, and switching to Meriva-SR based on suggestion from Rod.

MaverickAzz

MaverickAzz

Powerful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Looking better!

No sorcery, just science. 

Jason Miller

Jason Miller

Mother nature isn't stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts
  • LocationCanada

now you just have to get that hdl back up.

My Crossfit programming http://www.facebook....jasonmillerwods
Demo vids for said programming http://www.youtube.c...MegaJasonmiller<p>
Trying to figure out how much to eat? like using a scale? like running tests? http://forum.bulletp...changing-goals/

My fitness pal: http://www.myfitness...y/jasonmiller10

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

now you just have to get that hdl back up.

John's suggested supplement changes include an increase in krill oil & cod liver oil.  Also, I am going to try to make myself eat some salmon from time to time.

Rod

Rod

The Rodfather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

How did your Vitamin D drop so low! That's too low!!!

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I guess I should start adding a glass of red wine each night.

Fixer

Fixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

How did your Vitamin D drop so low! That's too low!!!

Vitamin D increased from 24 in June to 51 in Sept with daily 15k IU supplements in the 2 months previous to test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users