17 replies to this topic

KA24

KA24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio
I've been doing BPC with 2 whole eggs and grassfed butter? I find it makes it a little thicker/creamier than MCT oil. Anyone else tried this? Sounds strange, but once blended, it's really good.
Life is one giant experiment.

Mark

Mark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey
Doesn't it cook the egg though? I was thinking of doing that but didn't want an egg drop soup consistency

KA24

KA24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio
I thought the same, but no. You can't even tell there is an egg in there once blended. I've even dropped them in for a few minutes before blending and it stays creamy. No hint of cooked proteins at all.

Leon Wurfel

Leon Wurfel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Cool, i'm definitely going to try that!
www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!

KA24

KA24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio
I did BPC for like 6 months before trying it a month ago. I have to say, I rarely go the MCT/CO route anymore unless I want an extra immediate boost. This is the way to go and it's actually cheaper given the price of eggs...

Skippy

Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSmithsburg, MD
One day I had a bright idea of putting bone broth in my coffee. Not such a good combo.
BilliardsBiohacker.com - Follow my biohacking projects and listen to my podcast, as I attempt to improve
my competitve pool performance, brain function and overall health.

Leon Wurfel

Leon Wurfel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Guys, i tried the coffee + raw egg yolk combination and it definitely was not a winner...

Its ok initially on the way down but the length is gross. Plus doing a burp afterward was a very unpleasant experience.

You guys are definitely manning up by drinking it that way!
www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!

Grace

Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Woo, i will have a try. Thanks a lot.
Posted Image

KA24

KA24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio
I've found a magic blend, IMO.

2 tbsp Kerrygold unsalted butter
1 tbsp MCT oil
1 egg
24 oz coffee
Stevia (or whatever sweetener, as preferred)

I literally feel on top of the world with this to get the day started.

Dave Asprey

Dave Asprey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I've done it with eggs quite a few times. The issue is that if the coffee is really hot it will oxidize the cholesterol in the yolks. You're whipping it with air when you blend it...oxygen + heat. But if the coffee is just really warm it won't be a big issue. Then if you want protein, it's fine, but I find that adding protein to the morning fat meal will definitely end the Bulletproof Intermittent fast, so you lose the autophagy benefits. So for protein breakfast days, go for it, but not every day!

mediadownstream

mediadownstream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Which one is the real Dave? Is it Dave A or Dave Asprey? Is someone impersonating Dave or did he just start another avatar?

Miamaya

Miamaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I have been having Get Some Ice Cream with cocoapowder. Today I tried adding cooled coffee to the blend. It was nice! :)
Thanks for the recipe! And thanks for the advice, Dave!

KA24

KA24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio
I'm curious about your thoughts of BPC with butter, MCT and egg whites? I find the egg whites, once blended, make an incredibly foamy beverage that I enjoy more than any other combo. Now clearly it's going to break the fast because it's protein, but are there any bio-chemical changes that occur? Basically, you're "zapping" the protein in the hot coffee, which I figure has to destroy the aminos? Could there be any digestive issues by basically ingesting 4-5 egg whites that are heated in this manner?

hza

hza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

I'm curious about your thoughts of BPC with butter, MCT and egg whites? I find the egg whites, once blended, make an incredibly foamy beverage that I enjoy more than any other combo. Now clearly it's going to break the fast because it's protein, but are there any bio-chemical changes that occur? Basically, you're "zapping" the protein in the hot coffee, which I figure has to destroy the aminos? Could there be any digestive issues by basically ingesting 4-5 egg whites that are heated in this manner?

--------------------------------------------------

My impression was that if you're going to eat egg whites, they're supposed to be cooked in order to avoid biotin deficiency.  

What I wonder is, what temperature is the breaking point for coffee to start cooking the eggs in the blender?  I use a French press with hot water (just under boiling) from my filter, so when it comes out of the blender it's hot, but not scalding by any means.  I've been avoiding using egg yolks because I thought that was only for iced bpc, but if it can be added to normal bpc without damage then I'll definitely give it a try on non-IF days.

pizzabagel

pizzabagel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Just started using Piracetam alongside my morning and afternoon BPC, and adding 2 egg-yolks after blending (for choline).  I don't even bother breaking the yolks - i just slurp them when they come up.  I require no additional choline thus far and the Piracetam works amazingly with the coffee.

hackme

hackme

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationaustralia
I use two egg yolk and place them in the stainless steele mixing cup (I use a bodum hand blender) combined with 2tbs MCT & 50g butter adding in about 50 ml boiling water and blend this for 5 secs while I'm waiting for my coffee to be ready in the French press. then I add brewed coffee to the mix and blend for 20 secs.

because the butter is cold from the fridge it cool the boiling water water slightly so the eggs don't cool. then they're ready for the brew and it's still hot but with no chunky eggs.

hackme

hackme

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationaustralia
some errors spelt in that - lt's supposed to read 'so the eggs don't cook' not cool

johnnymcjohnson

johnnymcjohnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationFL

Love eggs in afternoon coffees, but in mornings just caffeine/MCT for me, low bulk/volume and plenty dense.  

Eggs are an awesome addition to most things, I probably do 2-3 raw daily minimum into drinks/food.  Eggs are always bulletproof    :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users